Draft Rules to amend the Gas Cylinders Rules 2016 published
Dated 3rd January, 2018 | Copy of | Industrial Policy Notification Sl.1 |
The draft of the following rules further to amend the Gas Cylinders Rules, 2016 which the Central Government proposes to make in exercise of the powers conferred by section 5 and 7 of the Explosives Act, 1884 (4 of 1884) is hereby published as required by sub-section (1) of section 18 of the said Act for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby; and notice is hereby given that the said draft rules shall be taken into consideration after thirty days from the date on which the copies of this notification as published in the Official Gazette, are made available to the public;
Objections or suggestions, if any, to these draft rules may be sent to the Additional Secretary (Explosives), Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Room No. 259, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110 107 (Email: [email protected]), within the period specified above;
The objection or suggestions which may be received from any person with respect to the said draft rules, within the period so specified will be considered by the Central Government.
1. Short title and commencement- (1) These rules may be called the Gas Cylinders (Amendment) Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their final publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Gas Cylinders Rules, 2016 (hereinafter referred to as said rules), in rule 48, for sub-rule (3), the following shall be substituted, namely:-
“(3) The requirement of the “No Objection Certificate” under sub-rule (1) shall not be applicable for,-
(a) a licence in form “F” for storage of flammable or toxic or corrosive gases forming part of cylinder filling plant; and
(b) a licence in form “F” for storage of Liquefied Petroleum Gas in cylinders; provided “No Objection Certificate” shall be obtained from the local body such as Gram Panchayat or the urban local body concerned.”
3. In the said rules, in rule 57, after clause (4), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
“(5) Every licence or approval granted under these rules shall stand cancelled, if the licensee ceases to have any right to the site of the licensed or approved premises.”
4. In the said rules, in form „C‟, under the heading DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THIS APPLICATION FOR A LICENCE IN FORM „E‟, „F‟ AND „G‟,-
(a) in item (iv), the words “lease agreement” shall be omitted;
(b) for item (vi), following item shall be substituted, namely:-
“(vi) No Objection Certificate from the District Authority under rule 48 in the case of application for a licence in Form “G” to dispense Compressed Natural gas/Compressed Bio Gas as automotive fuel or a Licence in Form “F” to store flammable or toxic or corrosive gases for the purpose of sale or trading:
Provided that the requirement of “No Objection Certificate” from the District Authority shall not be applicable for a licence in form “F” for storage of flammable or toxic or corrosive gases forming part of cylinder filling plant or licence in form “F” for storage of Liquefied Petroleum Gas in cylinders.
Provided further that, for a licence in form “F” for storage of Liquefied Petroleum Gas in cylinders, “No Objection Certificate” shall be required from the local body such as Gram Panchayat or the Urban local Body concerned.”.
5. In the said rules, in Form “G”, in condition no.1, in sub-condition (b), for the words and figure “condition 6 of the licence”, the words and figures, “Table II of condition 7 of the licence in Form G” shall be substituted.
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion)
Note:- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification G.S.R.1081(E), dated the 22nd November, 2016 and subsequently amended vide G.S.R.886(E) dated the 17th July, 2017.