Emigration Rules, 1983 amended
Dated 12th December, 2017 | Copy of | External Affairs Notification Sl.31
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 43 of the Emigration Act, 1983 (31 of 1983), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Emigration Rules, 1983, namely:
1. Short title and commencement:
(1) These rules may be called the Emigration (Amendment) Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Emigration Rules, 1983, in rule 7 (2), for the brackets and words [fee of twenty–five thousand rupees], the brackets and words [fee of twenty-five thousand rupees in cases covered under Rule 8 (a) and ten thousand rupees in cases covered under Rule 8 (b)] shall be substituted.
3. In the Emigration Rules, 1983, under rule 8, the following shall be substituted, namely:
“8. Amount of Security– (a) The applicant on being informed by the registering authority under subsection (2) of section 11 of the Act, shall provide a bank guarantee of eight and half years validity for an amount of fifty lakh rupees as security under sub-section (3) of that section.
(b) Provided that any entity desirous of registering as recruiting agent may do so with a reduced security of rupees eight lakh also, such entity shall be permitted to recruit only 100 workers during the period for which registration is granted.
(c) Provided further, that in the event of the recruitment of specified number getting completed, before the expiry of the certificate, the holder of the certificate may be permitted by the registering authority, to continue recruitment of additional workers in tranches of 100 workers upto the date of expiry of the certificate, on furnishing additional corresponding security of rupees eight lakh per 100 additional workers.”
Sd/(M.C. Luther) Jt. Secy. and Protector General of Emigrants
Issued by: Ministry of External Affairs
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary vide notification number S.O.941(E), dated the 30th December, 1983 and were subsequently amended vide notification numbers: