The team at The Dollar Business is a mix of experience and youth, of knowledge and innovation, and of hard work and rewards. If you think foreign trade is the next big thing and that you can play a significant role in it, join our growing team!
Experience: Min. 3 years
Salary: Best in the Industry
Location: Delhi / NCR
There has never been a better time to join The Dollar Business and Vimbri Media family! As we embark on our journey to become the leading source of information and knowledge on foreign trade in both the print and online publication spaces, we are looking for highly capable Assistant Manager – Ad Sales & Marketing to be based in our Delhi office. The individual will:
The individual will:
- Grow sales for Vimbri Media’s full product line and hit high volume targets in a short span. Explain the benefits of the medium, using statistics.
- Assist in negotiating pricing, terms and conditions with distributors.
- Prepare plans for making effective inroads into the corporate and trade body factions, to spread brand awareness and create a positive word-of-mouth in accordance with the vision of the management.
- Identify product improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- To ensure all opportunities are taken to promote products to our customers and to increase the client base.
- Be proactive with locating and developing new business in line with the revenue and sales target. Be aware of the key trends in the market and take appropriate action.
- Strictly adhere to an already established system of regular (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and bi-yearly) reports and communication. Ensure that statistical data is produced and analysed.
- Liaise with key opinion leaders, exporters, importers, and industry bodies to ensure ‘The Dollar Business’ brand gets significant mileage through interactions and participations on both knowledge-sharing and business platforms.
- Assist the seniors in establishing pricing policies. Carry out other duties/tasks outside normal routines but within the overall scope of the job
Assistant Manager – Ad Sales & Marketing: The person
- Minimum qualification: MBA with specialisation in marketing from an institute of high repute.
- Strong knowledge of sales and advertising concepts. Exceptional team and business management skills.
- Demonstrate a can do attitude at all times Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Target-oriented and a self-motivated over-achiever!
Position : Developer / Sr Developer
Salary: Best in the Industry
Conceptualize, develop and design a variety of web-based properties like Websites, CRM, Email campaigns and A/B testing tools.
There has never been a better time to join The Dollar Business and Vimbri Media family! As we embark on our journey to become the leading source of information and knowledge on foreign trade in both the print and online publication spaces, we are looking for highly capable Web Development to be based in our Hyderabad office.
The individual will:
- Be responsible for visualization and creation of Vimbri Media’s web-based assets (e.g., Web site, Web pages, HTML emails, and campaign landing pages) from scratch.
- Be responsible for entire look, feel and functionality of Vimbri Media’s web properties. Work closely with different stakeholders to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Develop new pages and functionality as per the business demand. Establish coding guidelines and provide technical guidance to other team members. Develop innovative, reusable web-based tools for activism and community building.
- Maintenance and administration of website file repository Handle website deployment and build process. Establish new visual design standards within the organization.
- A self-motivated, hands on developer/ designer who can build/ design exciting and innovative web interfaces. The ideal candidate will be passionate about performance and usability.
- If you are hands on and love to be challenged, we want to talk to you.
- Minimum Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent qualification. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in web development and presentation layer design and coding within a cross disciplinary environment.
- Experience building/ designing responsive websites and web applications – both B2B and B2C. Knowledge of the full web development life cycle from requirements to launch.
- Practical experience in designing with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), multimedia creation with Flash, ActionScript, (Macromedia Studio).
- Experience in Content Management systems JOOMLA, WORDPRESS will be preferred. (Know-how of creating Plug-ins, Components and Templates from scratch). MVC framework CODEIGNITER is must. Knowledge of search engine and social media optimization. Knowledge and knowhow of Payment Gateways.
- Understanding of User Experience design principles and knowledge of UI best practices and usability. Adequate knowledge and experience in translating wireframes to final prototypes.
- Knowledge of the full web development life cycle from requirements to launch. Knowledge in Corel draw, scripting would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and accessibility standards (W3C Guidelines), a must. Exceptional team handling skills. A natural stickler for deadlines and quality.
Experience: Min. 2 years and above
Job Description – Assistant Editor
- Reporting into the Editor and Executive Editor, the individual will contribute to managing the editorial production cycle and the subs desk and also ensuring error free outcome of the online and print products.
- Ensuring the monthly Print workflow schedule, liaising with edit, art and production teams for smooth work distribution. Commissioning writers with stories deadlines and ensuring content worthiness and reviewing each story progress together with supervising correspondents schedule in daily review meeting with edit staff.
- Contribute to the monthly print and daily web content apart from writing heads, sells, cover lines and captions to house style. Styling photo shoots as per story requirements. Editing/Deleting anything that’s not up to publications standards. Re-Writing and reworking features when necessary.
- Liaising with the art department to seek creativity with type size, layouts and final presentation Preparing Copy for Production: checking accuracy, cutting copy to fit, proofing, maintaining house style after the copy editors submission for well-turned, perfectly-punctuated, grammatically-sound write-up.
- Doing the final review just before content is sent to the Executive Editor’s / Editor’s desk. Ensuring that all editorial content across all media platforms reflects the aims and values of the No.1 magazine/Website in foreign trade category.
- Development of the brand across multiple platforms, including online and events: Working on content and editing in liaison with events team for publication related on-ground events. Ad hoc editing/creation and subbing of marketing copy, email copy and general site copy, when required.
- Work on special projects such as reports, surveys with related research teams. Attending special high profile Industry events and liaising with Industry stalwarts for interviews, over telecoms or one to one interactions.
Desired Candidate Profile – Assistant Editor
- Graduate. Preferred: Masters in one of the following disciplines: Mass Communications, Business Administration, Economics, or Foreign Trade.
- Any other Masters degree can be considered as well. A superb business expression in English with a thorough command on the language is a must. Ability to research and compile complex data and information.
- Ideal Candidate should have 3-4 yrs of experience as a Senior / Special Correspondent or Assistant / Sub-Editor in a business magazine. Foreign Trade subject matter expertise will be given preference.
- Minimum benchmark: The candidate should be well aware of current foreign trade environment in India. Should be a good organizer with a keen sense of deadlines.
- Should be able to ensure workflow consistency in the editorial bench. Excellent communicator who can be key in the exchange between writers and copy editors. Switched on to what’s hot at all times and fostering new ideas generation with edit and online teams. Excellent eye for detail.
Experience: Min. 10 years
Job Description – Senior Content Writer
- Reporting into the President & Senior Vice President, the individual will be responsible for ensuring error free outcome of the content on the website.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Develop or maintain online help documentation.
- Assist in laying out material for publication (except news & magazine).
- Study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material (except news & magazine).
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Confer with the Editor, to establish specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for online publication (except news & magazine).
- Ad hoc editing/creation and subbing of marketing copy, email copy and general site copy, as and when required.
- Work on improve the formatting, style, and accuracy of text in special projects such as reports, surveys with related research teams.
- Take care of the total content for the TDB website (except news & magazine).
- Taking care of the terms and conditions written on the website (except news & magazine).
Desired Candidate Profile – Senior Content Writer
Minimum qualification: Graduate
- A superb business expression in English with a thorough command on the language is a must.
- Ability to research and compile complex data and information.
- Ideal Candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience at the copy desk in a media organization of repute.
- Foreign Trade subject matter expertise will be given preference. Minimum benchmark: The candidate should be well aware of current foreign trade environment in India.
- Excellent eye for detail.